de la heart - the body tool
Discover the original Body Massage Tool, an award-winning self-care essential designed by de la heart founder Gigi Vogel. Inspired by the ancestral beauty and wellness traditions of her Colombian heritage, this lightweight custom-curved wooden tool lets you perform a quick, easy and effective lymphatic drainage massage ritual in the comfort of home. Support your body’s natural detox flow, relieve tension, reduce puffiness, and achieve a more toned and sculpted body contour—all in just a few minutes a day.
Traditional Therapies, Modern Rituals
Our patent-pending Body Massage Tool elevates your self-care practice by bringing together the benefits of traditional maderotherapy and lymphatic drainage massage. A wholistic massage technique from Colombia, maderoterapia (wood therapy) uses wooden tools to deliver targeted pressure that helps circulate fluids and toxins to the lymph nodes, where they’re naturally eliminated. A regular lymphatic drainage massagepractice helps to reduce inflammation and fluid retention, promote a healthy immune system, and leave your mind and body feeling refreshed and energized. In addition, it can help gently release tension in your fascia (your body’s network of connective tissue), leading to smoother-looking skin.
How to Use
Practice this ritual daily to help increase circulation, release toxins, and achieve a visibly more toned and sculpted body contour.
- Begin your lymphatic drainage massage ritual by moisturizing with our Lift & Tone Body Cream.
- Layer our Jojoba Oil or Almond Oil over Lift & Tone Cream to help the tool glide over your body even more smoothly.
- Awaken your lymphatic system by pumping the two major lymph nodes in your body.
- Pump the back of your knees and underneath your armpits 5 times each for optimal detoxifying results.
Holding the tool in a vertical position, start at your ankle and gently stroke in an upward motion toward your inner thigh. Repeat 3-7 times per area in each leg.
- Holding the tool in a vertical position, gently stroke in an upward motion toward your your outer thigh. Repeat 3-7 times per area in each leg.
- Massage the front of your legs by holding the tool in a horizontal position starting at the front of the knee driving towards the groin area.
- Massage the back of your legs by holding the tool in a vertical position. We recommend using a step stool or a chair to help you easily reach the back of your knees, as you stroke upward motion until you reach the gluteal fold.
- Massage your arms by holding the tool in a vertical position, practicing smooth and gentle strokes as you glide the tool from your inner wrist to your elbow and from the elbow to the armpit. Repeat this motion on the outer parts of your arm. Repeat 3-7 times on each arm.
- Holding the tool in a vertical position, massage the waistline going downward towards the lymph nodes that live in the sacrum & groin area. Repeat 3-7 times on each side.
- 29cm/11.4 inches.
- All our tools are handmade in Colombia. Shape, color, and size may slightly vary.
- 100% ivory wood.